In this tutorial, I give you one simple exercise to master plosive sounds in connected speech using my signature ‘word chains’ method.
When multiple plosive sounds come together in connected speech (such as at the end of one word and the beginning of the next word), native speakers don’t fully pronounce the first sound.
Instead, they do the following:
1. Go into the position of the first plosive sound
2. Pause airflow
3. Move to the position of plosive sound 2
4. Resume airflow with a plosive release in the next sound.
MASTERING plosive sounds in connected speech gives you 3 benefits:
1. It makes English easier to speak
2. You naturally use connected speech
3. It makes your English flow naturally
In this video, I give you one simple phrase to practice the connecting plosive sounds principle using my signature ‘word chains’ method.
The phrase is:
‘it lead to a heated debate’